Bright (2017)


In an alternate present day, humans, orcs, elves and fairies have been coexisting since the beginning of time. Two police officers, one a human, the other an orc, embark on a routine night patrol that will alter the future of their world as they know it. Battling both their own personal differences as well as an onslaught of enemies, they must work together to protect a young female elf and a thought-to-be-forgotten relic, which, in the wrong hands, could destroy everything. 

Release date: December 22, 2017 (Brazil)
Director: David Ayer
Budget: 90 million USD
Screenplay: Max Landis
Music composed by: Junkie XL, Dave Sardy 

My rating: 3 stars 

I liked it, and that's it.

It was fun and entertaining, but it lacked some of the things they tried to sell. For example, they try to sell diversity, but Will Smith's character is almost the only black person we see on screen.  It's weird when you see more orcs than black people on the streets. Are they all dead?

I missed diversity in the background, and it wouldn't hurt to have some elves of other ethnicities (at least the evil elves weren't black, I was afraid that could happen).

Some things also felt a bit forced, but the soundtrack was nice and the special effects, though a bit tacky, were cool enough for me to have a good time. I wouldn't rewatch it, but I think this movie couldn't originate a badass much better sequel, so I'll be looking forward to that.

Comments